Best Toddler Tablet: Fun & Durable
Toddlers tend to be mischievous as they try to make their first steps in life. They are also inquisitive. Since it is hard to be always on the lookout, toddler tablets can help to keep the little one entertained and fully-engaged.
These tablets come in different sizes and with varying features. They are also available in all colors. Certain factors will guide your shopping for a tablet, including specific features, battery life, budget and others.
This can be difficult especially if you have no idea what you should look for. Nonetheless, below are some of the best toddler tablets.
Points to consider when purchasing a tablet for a toddler;
- Toughness – How durable is the device
- App choices – Will keep your child engage and for how long
- Child Safety – like setting time limits
- Price – Enough said
Be sure to read the reviews and make your choice.
The Nabi 2 is a full-featured tablet for toddlers. The Android-based tablet is beautifully designed to suit little children. The small tablet has a wide range of capabilities. It can entertain, educate and engage your child as you perform other responsibilities. Besides, the device can enable you to keep your little one off your phone. There are apps for watching movies, cartoons and other kids’ favorites. What’s more is that any parent can regulate the content, especially if older kids have access to the tablet.
What we like
- It offers a generous 7-inch display.
- The Android 4.0 operating system offers a wide range of experiences for the toddler to stay engaged.
- The tablet performs fast and the screen is very responsive.
- For a toddler, there are enough apps to keep them busy. There are movies and games which will entertain them as you carry out other duties in the house.
What we don’t
- It does not have access to Google Play Store.
- The internal storage is a bit limited. You might have to delete some apps daily if you want to save more.
The Nabi 2 may not be the best tablet there is for kids but for toddlers, it is appropriate. There are apps to entertain, engage and educate the kids. Furthermore, the design and the 7-inch screen of the tablet are marvelous. However, one cannot access Google Play Store via the tablet. The storage memory is also limited.
VTech Innotab 3S
If you want to make your child tech savvy at a young age, consider buying them the VTech Innotab 3S. The tablet offers a wide range of fun. There are games which are kid-oriented. In addition, the tablet is suited for Wi-Fi connectivity.
This enables you to add more apps for your child. Actually, you can download about 350 games. Unlike some other tablets on the market, this tablet has a long battery life. When it is fully charged, it can provide at least 9 hours of fun. The beauty with this tablet is that it can grow with your kid.
What we like
- It is durable to stand falls and kicks from toddlers. It will last the child until they reach their teen years.
- While the tablet has a storage memory of 4GB, it can be expanded to 32GB. This creates more room for all the downloaded items.
- The tablet offers parental controls. You can make sure that your child does not access adult content.
- The screen size is adequate for toddlers. However, a few extra inches would have been better.
- Its Mp3 player produces an amazing sound.
What we don’t
- The preloaded pictures cannot be removed. You may have to make do with the remaining storage space.
- It does not come with a wall charger, only a set of rechargeable batteries.
The VTech Innotab 3S is a great tablet for toddlers. It has a 5-inch colorful display and whole lot of apps to trap the senses of your little one. But the preloaded items cannot be deleted. It does not also come with a wall charger.
Nexus 7 for kids
From their inception, Nexus tablets have been used as learning devices for kids. If you have a toddler, the Nexus 7 tablet for kids will help to keep the child engaged. Unlike normal Nexus tablets you know, this kid’s treat is covered with a durable but lightweight case.
This ensures that it stays safe amid the pressure subjected to it by the toddler. The tablet is Android-based, meaning it has a load of apps containing kid-oriented games, videos and the like. In addition, the tablet has 16GB of memory. There are also settings to allow parents to control content for their kids.
What we like
- The external case is durable and amazingly beautiful. It also makes the tablet weigh less.
- Nexus 7 is designed with a stand section to increase its flexibility.
- The 16GB storage memory is quite a bonus
- It can be used by multiple users. With the help of the parental settings for parents, one can customize it for a toddler.
- It is not limited to a single browser. On the contrary, it can work with Google Chrome and Firefox.
- The 7-inch display is colorful and attractive.
What we don’t
- Upgrading its original Android version to 5.1.1 breeds trouble.
- As compared to other tablets within its range, it is a bit expensive.
The Nexus 7 is a family-based tablet. Your toddler can use it as a toy. Its settings allow you to customize content to your child’s age. The display is large and the storage memory is adequate. However, there have been complains that once you upgrade to 5.1.1, the tablet start to have problems.
Of all the tablets for toddlers reviewed above, the Nexus 7 takes the first position. The tablet offers a wide range of apps for the whole family. You can customize it to your child’s needs. However, once you upgrade to Lollipop, the tablet start to show problems.
The VTech Innotab 3S comes second. It can be used by toddlers and by teens. The most striking feature of the tablet is its long battery life. However, it does not come with a wall charger.
Lastly, we have the Nabi 2, which is appropriate for younger kids. The only problem is that it does not have access to the Google Play Store.